India has won the toss and elected to bat first in the India vs New Zealand 1st ODI match at Hyderabad on January 18. Captain Rohit Sharma said at the toss that he wants his bowlers to be prepared to defend scores under lights keeping in mind the upcoming ICC men’s 50-over World Cup in October-November. He has also admitted that New Zealand, the present ODI number 1 ranked team, brings in challenges that would be different from what Sri Lanka brought.
Tom Latham, who is leading the Kiwis in the ODI series against India in the absence of Kane Williamson, also admitted that he would have batted first on the good dry surface.
India is currently ranked 4th in the ICC men’s ODI rankings and they can dismantle New Zealand from their Number 1 spot with a 3-0 series sweep.
India vs New Zealand 1st ODI: Live Score Updates
- India finishes on 349 for 8 after 50 overs after Shubman Gill’s 208 from 149 deliveries.
- Shubman Gill notches up his maiden 200 in ODIs in the 49th over. India is 339 for 7 after 49 overs.
- Henry Shipley dismisses Washington Sundar for 12. India is 292 for 6 after 45 overs.
- Shubman Gill tonks a huge six over midwicket to bring up his maiden 150. India is 279 for 5 after 43 overs.
- Daryl Mitchell removes Hardik Pandya for 28 to break another 50-run partnership. India is 251 for 5 after 40 overs.
- Shubman Gill and Hardik Pandya’s 50-run partnership propelling India towards 300. India is 238 for 4 after 37.4 overs.
- Shubman Gill brings up his 1000th ODI run with a boundary of Tickner in the 33rd over. India is 203 for 4 after 33 overs.
- Shubman Gill brings up his 3rd ODI century in 87 balls. India is 185 for 4 after 30 overs.
- Daryl Mitchell dismisses Suryakumar Yadav for 31. Inda is 175 for 4 after 28.3 overs.
- 50-run partnership comes up between Suryakumar and Gill. India is 168 for 3 after 27 overs.
- Ishan Kishan dismissed for 5 by Ferguson. India is 110 for 3 after 19.4 overs.
- Gill smashes Bracewell for a huge six over midwicket to bring up his 50. India is 105 for 2 after 19 overs
- Mitchell Santner removes Virat Kohli for 8. India is 88 for 2 after 15.2 overs.
- Blair Tickner dismisses Rohit Sharma for 34. India is 60 for 1 after 12.1 overs.
- Rohit and Shubman have put in 50 runs for the 1st wicket. India is 52 for 0 after 10 overs.
- Rohit and Shubman start with a flurry of boundaries. India is 20 for no loss after 3 overs.
India vs New Zealand 1st ODI: Playing 11
India: Rohit Sharma(c), Shubman Gill, Ishan Kishan(w), Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Shardul Thakur, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami
New Zealand: Finn Allen, Henry Nicholls, Devon Conway, Tom Latham(w/c), Daryl Mitchell, Glenn Phillips, Mitchell Santner, Michael Bracewell, Henry Shipley, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson,