Chris Messina Height: Christopher Messina, an American actor, was born on August 11, 1974, in Northport, New York. With a passion for acting, young Chris Messina embarked on his professional career in 1995, marking the beginning of a remarkable journey in the entertainment industry.
Early Acting Career and Notable Debuts
Chris Messina made his big-screen debut as Higgins in the drama film “Rounders” (1998), which set the stage for his future success. Shortly after, he earned his television debut in the NBC police procedural and legal drama series “Law & Order” (1995) in the episode titled “Rebels,” where he portrayed the character Tommy Bell.
Breakthrough Performance and Broadway Debut
The turning point in Chris’s career came when he delivered a breakthrough performance as Tom Garnett in the comedy-drama film “Away We Go” (2009). This role garnered him critical acclaim and showcased his versatility as an actor.
In 2003, Chris Messina made his Broadway debut in the play “Salome” in the role of The Young Syrian (Captain of the Guard) at Ethel Barrymore Theater, displaying his talent on the grand stage.
Exploring New Horizons: Directing and Acting
Not just limited to acting, Chris Messina explored the realm of directing, making his directorial debut with the drama film “Alex of Venice” (2014). He also took on the lead role in the same movie, portraying the character George. This endeavor highlighted his multifaceted abilities in the entertainment industry.
Chris Messina’s Physical Attributes
- Height and Weight: Standing at 5 feet 7 inches (170 centimeters) tall, Chris Messina weighs 156.5 pounds (71 kilograms).
- Age: As of now, Chris Messina is 48 years old.
- Net Worth: With a successful career, Chris Messina’s net worth is estimated to be around 4 million dollars.
Best Movies Featuring Chris Messina
Throughout his career, Chris Messina has graced the screen with his compelling performances in various movies. Some of his notable roles include:
- “Away We Go” (2009) – For this role, he won the CinEuphoria Award for Best Supporting Actor – International Competition.
- “Argo” (2012) – His portrayal of Malinov earned him the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture nomination, and he was also nominated for the Awards Circuit Community Award for Best Cast Ensemble.
- “Made of Honor” (2008) – Romantic comedy, where he played the character Dennis.
- “Julie & Julia” (2009) – Biographical comedy-drama, where he portrayed Eric Powell.
- “Devil” (2010) – Supernatural horror, with Chris Messina as Detective Bowden.
- “Greenberg” (2010) – Comedy-drama, where he played Philip Greenberg.
- “Ruby Sparks” (2012) – Romantic comedy-drama, with Chris Messina as Harry Weir-Fields.
- “Celeste and Jesse Forever” (2012) – Romantic comedy-drama, where he portrayed Paul.
- “The Giant Mechanical Man” (2012) – A dramedy where he played Tim.
- “Birds of Prey” (2020) – A superhero movie, with Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz.
- “I Care a Lot” (2020) – A satirical black comedy-thriller, where he played Dean Ericson.
- “The Secrets We Keep” (2020) – A thrilling drama, with Chris Messina as Lewis Reid.
- “Call Jane” (2022) – A comedy-drama where he portrayed Will.
- “Dreamin’ Wild” (2022) – A biographical drama, with Chris Messina as Matt Sullivan.
Best TV Shows Starring Chris Messina
In addition to his successful film career, Chris Messina has made his mark on television, delivering memorable performances in various series. Some of his best TV shows include:
- “The Mindy Project” (2012–2017) – He received two nominations for Critics’ Choice Television Awards for Best Actor in a Comedy Series and the Satellite Award for Best Actor in a Series, Comedy or Musical for his role as Dr. Daniel Castellano.
- “Sharp Objects” (2018) – For his role as Detective Richard Willis, Chris was nominated for the OFTA Television Award for Best Ensemble in a Motion Picture or Limited Series.
- “Six Feet Under” (2005) – He appeared in the HBO drama series as Ted Fairwell.
- “Damages” (2011-2012) – In the FX legal thriller series, he portrayed Chris Sanchez.
- “The Newsroom” (2012-2014) – Chris Messina played Reese Lansing in the HBO political drama series.
- “The Sinner” (2020) – He appeared in the USA Network police procedural anthology series as Nick Haas.
- “Gaslit” (2022) – In the Starz political thriller television limited series, Chris had a recurring role as Agent Angelo Lano.
Personal Facts and Relationships
- Education: Chris Messina graduated from Northport High School and further pursued his studies at Marymount Manhattan College.
- Ancestry: He has Italian ancestry, adding to his diverse background.
- Notable Play: Chris played Treplev in the play “The Seagull” (2004) at Second Stage Theatre.
- Marital Status: Chris Messina was previously married to actress Rosemarie DeWitt from 1995 to 2006.
- Current Relationship: He has been in a long-term relationship with movie producer Jennifer Todd, and they share two sons, Milo and Giovanni.
In conclusion, Chris Messina’s journey as an actor and director has been marked by incredible talent, versatility, and dedication. From his notable film roles to his compelling TV appearances, he has proven himself as a versatile performer. With a successful career and diverse skills, Chris Messina continues to captivate audiences with his remarkable talent and charisma, making him a prominent figure in the entertainment industry.